We often have need to send recurring reminders to our users, customers from CRM. We can do it using below solution wherein we will create a task for the reminder. Deletion of which will send out a Reminder Email. For deletion of task we will create a Bulk Delete task, which will run in recurrence.
So basically for setting it up we need to do 3 steps:
- Create a task for Reminder.
- Create a workflow to send Reminder email.
- Create Bulk delete task to delete the Reminder task.
Create a task for Reminder.
- Add a new field to Task entity, ‘Reminder’ which will be Two Options.
- Add new Task activity with name ‘Daily Reminder Task’ and set Reminder field for the same as ‘Yes’ as in below image:
Create a workflow to send Reminder Email.
- Create a new workflow on deletion of Task record.
- Set the properties for the workflow:
- Check if the Reminder flag for the Task is set to ‘Yes’.
- Check subject of the Task to match your reminder task. In our case ‘Daily Reminder Task’.
- Send Mail to intended public.
- Re-Create the Task activity with the same name as your reminder task. In our case ‘Daily Reminder Task’.
Refer below image:
Create Bulk delete task to delete the Reminder task.
- Create Bulk delete task to delete your Reminder Task. In our case ‘Daily Reminder Task’.
- Set deletion criteria for the entity.
- Set scheduling and notification options.
- Submit the job.